- Trip Dates
- Previous Safari videos
- Trip Outline
- Inclusions and Exclusions
- Hotel Images
- Payment Policy
Dates of Check-in and Check-out:
- Februrary 8 – 11, 2021 (5% discount applicable for booking before Dec 30, 2020)
- Februrary 11 – 14, 2021
- Februrary 14 – 17, 2021 (5% discount applicable for booking before Dec 30, 2020)
- Februrary 17 – 20, 2021 (5% discount applicable for booking before Dec 30, 2020)
- Februrary 20 – 23, 2021
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
- We do not recommend this tour for children younger than 5 years of age.
- All our tours are a minimum of 3 nights, 4 days to ensure a memorable experience.
(For any customizations regarding longer tours or transit points (transfers from railway stations/airports other than provided in the package, please contact us directly)
ArrivalArrival at your transit point (Nagpur) and transfer to the hotel where you can enjoy the wilderness at leisure. A short orientation to the Pench National Park will be provided. In the evening, we head for our first safari to the tiger reserve. Our skippers will be on hand to assist you with any queries as regards photography & natural history. We get together for dinner and retire for the night.
Morning, Evening SafariWe rise just before dawn to get ready for our first morning safari in the Pench Tiger Reserve. A short session with tea and light snacks, where our skippers will help you with any last-minute preparations before we depart for the safari, carrying along a packed breakfast. Return to the hotel post safari for lunch and some rest. We shall then depart for the evening safari. On our return to the hotel, we share our experiences of watching some of the amazing wildlife we would have witnessed over high tea. We have an opportunity. Our skippers would once again be on hand to assist with any queries. We get together once again during dinner and retire for the night.
Same as Day 2
DepartureAfter a busy few days exploring the jungle, we rise to a relaxed morning for breakfast and remembering the fond memories created, once you’re all packed and ready, arrange for your transfer back to the transit point (Nagpur) till our next wild wandering. On any of the days, there is an option to undertake a night safari or a jungle walk based on the group’s interest at an additional cost. Cost will be subject to number of interested members and does not have to be pre-booked, and can arranged during the tour itself.
- 3 nights’ stay in an air-conditioned cottage in a serene safari lodge inclusive of breakfast, lunch, and dinner (Double Occupancy).
- 5 Jeep safaris.
- All park & safari fees (except camera fees where applicable).
- A professional, qualified naturalist who will be your host for the experience and guiding you on safari.
- Complimentary roof prism binoculars for the duration of the experience for viewing wildlife up close.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles to and from the city of arrival (Jaipur).
- A 4-7 minute Wilderlust movie of your safari experience to be provided post your trip (within 4 weeks of trip)
- A private Google photos album of high-quality images of the guests on safari as well as of the wildlife encountered.
- All associated taxes based on the costs above.
- Airfare/Rail fare to the transit point.
- Any additional services or meals requested at the property.
- Beverages not included as part of meals as well as bottled water.
- Tips to hotel or safari personnel.
- Any other fees or costs not mentioned in the inclusions.
At the time of booking, payment can be made in full or part. For making partial payments, please tick the partial payment option on the booking page. Please note post your booking, we will require a soft copy of your identity proof for the safari permit bookings.
100% payment at the time of booking
|10%||to be paid at the time of booking to block your seat|
|50%||to be paid 2 weeks from the date of the first payment|
|40%||40% to be paid 2 weeks after the second payment.|
– 100% of the tour cost to be paid 30 days before the date of departure.
– For any fresh bookings made within 30 days of the date of departure, payment schedule would be communicated by Wilderlust Expeditions via email/WhatsApp
– The trip will be considered as confirmed only if the above payment procedure is followed.
In the event of any cancellation amount shall be levied as per the following terms:
|30 days before the date of departure||50% of the tour cost|
|15 days before the date of departure||75% of the tour cost|
|0-15 days before the date of departure||100% of tour cost|
In case of cancellation due to COVID-19 detection or declaration of containment zone in a residential area (document showing test results and notification of containment zone compulsory, a credit note will be provided for the amount for any Wilderlust tour booking within a 6 month period of issuing credit note).
There are a limited number of jeep safari permits available in any park. You can either book the jeep for your group exclusively or it is booked with sharing with other visitors (in most cases, the max capacity of a jeep is six, five in case of our naturalist and host who travels with you). Booking the jeep exclusively may result in a significant difference in cost especially when the number of travellers is 3 or lower. Conversely, an exclusive jeep may result in a better experience for your group as the route and experience can be charted according to what your group would like to see.
We understand every visitor’s burning desire to gain an audience with the king and queen of the jungle. However, seeing the big cat is never, ever easy! Even in the best places known for sighting wild tigers, you could go for 10 safaris, and not see a single tiger. Conversely, you may see multiple tigers on a single safari. So be wary of anyone ever promising you a tiger sighting! A tiger is seen only when it wants to be seen. But don’t worry, it’s not all luck. The all-important art of tracking big cats always helps to improve one’s odds and our team works round the clock to always give our guests the best chance of spotting one. It was why we also recommend to always stay a minimum of 3 nights and do 5 safaris to help overcome those challenging odds. This combination has held us in good stead (check out our previous videos!) And we are careful not to tinker too much with this recipe for a memorable safari experience.
Invariably, when you are constantly on the lookout for a tiger, you will miss seeing the other natural treasures the jungle has to offer. It is why we are careful on our safari journeys to not only focus on the big cat, but to keep our eyes and ears open for whatever the jungle may present us. We can certainly promise you that you will be seeing a diversity of wildlife and landscapes. Watching the behaviour of even commonly seen animals can be extremely gratifying, and if you haven’t started bird-watching yet, we promise you are in for a treat! Not to mention the abundance of stories of the landscape you will get to hear to from the naturalist, forest guide and drivers and even the hotel staff! And yes, sometimes you may even spot wildlife rarer than tigers, a stealthy leopard, a shuffling sloth bear or agile dholes/wild dogs.
Over the course of visiting jungles in the past 25 years, we have found that the secret to a memorable safari holiday is to actually spend a minimum amount of time in the destination. Doing just 2-3 safaris may often result in disappointment, especially if you are intent of seeing big cats. Your naturalist and host would undertake a lot of time studying movement patterns but it does take a certain amount of time, effort and yes, luck for those memorable sightings. Also just doing 2-3 safaris on average, mean lesser time communing with nature both during safari and at the safari lodge leading to the lack of an immersive experience. The strong positive, and most importantly consistent feedback we have received when we decided to make our tours a minimum of 3 nights has reinforced our decision to keep to this duration to deliver our best and to ensure you have a safari experience of a lifetime.
It take around 2-3 hours to reach from Nagpur to the hotel.
Your Wilderlust host’s role goes far beyond your time on safari in the jungle. While he/she would always make sure to do their best to answer all your queries about the wildlife, share stories and information about it, the conservation history of park and its landscape, he/she will also be working collectively with the forest department-mandated guide and driver in tracking those ever elusive big cats. Ensuring a seamless travel experience from the airport, hotel, co-ordinating your vehicle arrival, departure times, taking care of any specific requests while staying at the lodge, bookings in the best zones possible at any given point of time are just some of the many aspects they are constantly working on. Further, they are also shooting both images and video of both, your group and the wildlife you encounter, to create a digital photo album and a Wilderlust movie of your memorable time in the wild.
The Wilderlust movie is a unique offering of our safari experiences. Over the course of guiding visitors in the jungle, we have found that many visitors love to regale stories of their experiences with their friends and families. We initially provided photos of wildlife and the visitors themselves which they could share with their near and dear ones, but we found that it alone didn’t truly capture of magic of being out in the wild, whether it is exploring the verdant wilds of the jungle or that heart-stopping moment of a tiger walking towards your jeep. We wanted to capture all of this on film, not just the tiger and other wildlife, the beautiful natural locations but even the emotions and expressions of the guests themselves. This gave birth to the Wilderlust movie, a short video montage capturing all that is special in exploring India’s wilds, in the guests’ own words!
In over 25 years of experiencing the jungle, we have come to understand the importance of perhaps one of the underrated tools on safari, binoculars. Wildlife is often shy, retreating and doesn’t necessarily like to be approached closely, so the best way is to watch them from a safe distance within their comfort level. For seeing the diversity of beautiful birds, it becomes even more important. And not just any binocular, a binocular that is comfortable to carry, doesn’t strain your neck, easy to use and providing crystal clear views. Such binoculars don’t come cheaply, and while regular safari goers do eventually buy their own, we understand buying these binoculars may not be practical for every visitor. So, we carry high-quality roof prism binoculars with us! And they’re yours till the end of your Wilderlust journey, to ensure there is no compromise in your viewing experience.
Yes, in fact it is our solemn duty to do that. We would be taking photos of your groups as well as the wildlife you encounter, and sharing it as a digital photo album which you can easily share with friends and family.
Every single wildlife tour operator brings their own unique blend of service offerings on wildlife tours. In the same way, the unique mix of our offerings including a professional, qualified naturalist, roof prism binoculars for viewing, high quality wildlife images, the Wilderlust movie we create of your time in the wilderness as well as the safari and service itself among so many other facets help us stand out. Many of these services may not get reflected in other tour packages as they are simply not there, or there are other services in their place. Our reviews on Google, Facebook and TripAdvisor as well as the words shared by our guests on previous videos have motivated us to continue delivering value and to never compromise on this offering.
Your tour package is absolutely all-inclusive, including your stay, meals, transfers and safaris, so you needn’t pay anything additional on the trip. However, we do recommend you always carry a small amount of cash for souvenirs as well and tips, gratuities to hotel staff and forest department-mandated guides and drivers.
While requirements may vary from person to person, here is a nifty list to go by:
1. Clothing in earthy dull shades (browns, greys, beige, khaki, dull green)
2. Wollen gloves, cap, scarf/muffler, thermals, sweater, jacket, socks in winter. A cap, sunscreen and sunglasses during the summer. Please always carry a rain jackets just in case for any unexpected rain.
3. Hot water bottle for relief in case of any back issues. (Safaris can be bumpy)
4. Same original Identity Proofs as provided over mail for safaris (Very important)
5. First Aid kit & Prescription Medication (Antihistamines for allergies)
6. Torch+ batteries
7. Mosquito Repellant
8. Camera + memory cards + batteries (Optional)
9. Power Bank
10. Hand Sanitizer
11. Packed Snacks for our time on safari.
12. Face masks
13. Hankerchief (Can double up as a dust mask and a wet one can be worn around the neck to relieve heat)
14. Comfortable walking shoes
15. Lip balm
16. Cash for additional expenses (ATMs are usually not closeby)
17. Chargers for all electronic equipment
1. We recommend guests taking a COVID-19 antigen/RT-PCR test before travelling. This is not only for your safety, but also to ensure that you are compliant that with any travel restrictions that may be announced (states are much more likely to allow travel if you have a recent negative test). However, this is a recommendation and not compulsory. Your host and naturalist would also be taking a COVID-19 test before the tour.
2. While our max group size is 11, unless a family or a specific group is travelling together, we will be avoiding group activities where the entire group is engaged together in close proximity. Even during meal times, we will be having families, couples, individuals who have travelled separately, sitting separately. While your naturalist and host will be in the vicinity, they will also be dining separately.
3. We will be maximising our time in the outdoors (if comfortable for you, meals will be offered in outdoor locations, rather than indoor ones, weather permitting).
4. In case of any declaration of your neighbourhood as a containment zone or contraction of COVID-19 of any group members before travel after booking, a credit note would be provided for the full amount paid to be used on any tour 6 months from the date of booking.
5. Masks need to be worn by the guests at all times to ensure both their safety as well as those of other guests. 6. Hand sanitisers would be provided in the safari vehicles as well as those for transfers.
7. All hotel rooms would be sanitised and cleaned before guests’ arrival. The naturalist and host would be on site before your arrival to ensure compliance with the above.
8. We would be complying with the forest department’s recommended standards for safari seating. This may vary from 4 to 6 adults per vehicle depending on the destination, except if the group has taken an exclusive jeep booking.
9. In case you would like to avail of additional COVID-19 Hospitalization Travel Insurance Cover, please contact us.
While photography is not the primary focus of our expedition, we recognize that rarely anyone travels to the wilderness without a camera in one form or the other. We will do our best to provide you opportunities for photography as well, however please keep in mind the focus remains experiential so if you are travelling to photograph a particular subject, this may not be the trip for you.
Absolutely! The objective of this expedition is make you experience the magic of the wild, and we will be always be thrilled to share this with someone who will be visiting the wilderness for the first time. Our trips are designed to introduce you to the wild in a comfortable environment, in an unhurried manner, which we truly believe is the way to be one with nature.
Ranthambhore is best accessed from Sawai Madhopur station or Jaipur, the latter being the nearest airport. Sawai Madhopur Junction is a major railway station, and will be a short 30-minute drive to our place of stay. From Jaipur, the distance is approximately 150 km, where the driving time might be approximately 3.5 hours. Your transfers ex Jaipur are included in the package. Please contact us once you have made the booking if you are planning to come via Sawai Madopur.
Yes, visiting tiger reserves is quite safe. Many of our country’s popular tiger reserves see lakhs of visitors every year and numbers are growing every year. Our naturalists and guides also make sure we never disturb the animal duly and watch it from a careful distance on jeep. Your naturalist will be providing a detailed orientation of the rules to follow before you enter the park.
While we believe the sooner children are introduced to the wilderness the better, a 4-hour long safari can provide challenging for a young child’s comfort. Therefore, we do not usually allow children younger than 5 years of age on our tours. We do realize that some children adapt to safaris much quicker, and if a child is comfortable and used to taking safaris, we can look at exceptions but we believe such a policy is in the interest of comfort for all as well as the welfare of wildlife.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Communications and Marketing
We request personal information such as your name and email address when you subscribe to our newsletters or send us a message on our chat platform or contact form. We need to collect this information for personalisation and it is used to help us provide you with the service that you have requested.
The information we collect, if you agree, will be used for marketing purposes about our holidays and services that we think may be of interest to you. Depending on your selected preferences we will send details of our latest holidays, special offers, events and inspirational travel news by email and/or travel brochures by post. You have the opportunity to opt out of all marketing material and communications received.
We collect aggregate information about our web visitors such as quantity of visits to each webpage and browser type. This data may be used to customise Wilderlust Expeditions web content to deliver a better experience for our users and will in no way personally identify you.
We collect information about you in order to process your holiday enquiry and fulfil your booking request. This will require us to pass relevant information on to the suppliers of your travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels and transport companies.
Be assured that we will not share or sell your personal information to third parties without your consent. However, we reserve the right to disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Wilderlust Expeditions LLP’s rights or property, other users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
Protecting the security of all personally-identifiable information associated with our clients is of the utmost concern to us. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information. Once we receive your details, we will take all reasonable precautions to ensure its security on our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect our users’ personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose to us online.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
You should be aware that when you are on our website, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from out website pages that take you outside our service. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. The privacy policies of these other sites may significantly differ from ours. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal information collected there.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from websites you visit and, if you agree, is stored in your web browser. The cookie assists in analysing visitors to our website to ensure we give you the best experience. No information that identifies you personally is collected.
How can I manage cookies?
You can manage cookies through your browser settings at anytime and decline cookies if you prefer.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
If you need help or have any questions about this policy and your rights with regards to the processing of your personal information please contact us.