[av_content_slider heading=’Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, Mahrashtra – Fixed Departure (15th – 18th March, 2019)’ columns=’1′ animation=’slide’ navigation=’arrows’ autoplay=’true’ interval=’3′ font_color=” color=”]
[av_content_slide title=” link=” linktarget=”]
[av_content_slide title=” link=” linktarget=”]
[av_content_slide title=” link=” linktarget=”]
[av_content_slide title=” link=” linktarget=”]
[av_promobox button=’yes’ label=’BOOK NOW’ link=’manually,https://www.shashankbirla.com/contact/’ link_target=’_blank’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ size=’large’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ box_color=” box_custom_font=’#ffffff’ box_custom_bg=’#444444′ box_custom_border=’#333333′ admin_preview_bg=”]
- A personalised immersive safari experience
- A charming, comfortable stay in the wilderness (Pugmark Jungle Lodge) with all meals (Twin-sharing in air-conditioned rooms)
- A professional naturalist who will be your host for the experience
- 5 jeep safaris in the Tadoba – Andhari Tiger Reserve (5 people in each safari)
- High quality roof prism binoculars for each guest to view wildlife up close
- A video highlight reel of your entire experience
- Starting INR 27,750 /- per person ex Nagpur Airport/Railway Station
* Based on safari availability
* For larger groups please contact directly
[av_button label=’PREVIOUS HIGHLIGHT REEL’ link=’manually,https://youtu.be/YGvAEanJcIc’ link_target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ position=’center’ icon_select=’no’ icon_hover=’aviaTBicon_hover’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’blue’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ admin_preview_bg=”]
[av_tab_container position=’top_tab’ boxed=’border_tabs’ initial=’1′]
[av_tab title=’The Stay’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
Our stay has been organised at the Pugmarks Jungle Lodge. Suited along the bank of Irai lake the resort is famous for its natural heritage. Alongside the breath taking view, the resort has spacious rooms with modern amenities. You can just sit back outside your cottage and enjoy the view or take a leisure walk around with chirping birds to give you company. More information on the hotel website and Tripadvisor page
[av_tab title=’The Plan’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
Day 1 (15th March):
Arrival at your transit point (Nagpur) and transfer to the hotel where you can enjoy the wilderness at leisure. A short orientation to the tadoba National Park will be provided. In the evening, we head for our first safari to the tiger reserve. Our skippers will be on hand to assist you with any queries as regards photography & natural history. We get together for dinner and retire for the night.
Day 2 (16th March)
We rise just before dawn to get ready for our first morning safari in the tadoba Tiger Reserve. A short session with tea and light snacks, where our skippers will help you with any last-minute preparations before we depart for the safari, carrying along a packed breakfast. Return to the hotel post safari for lunch and some rest. We shall then depart for the evening safari. On our return to the hotel, we share our experiences of watching some of the amazing wildlife we would have witnessed over high tea. We have an opportunity. Our skippers would once again be on hand to assist with any queries. We get together once again during dinner and retire for the night.
Day 3 (17th March)
Same as Day 2. We return from our explorations, remembering the fond memories created, and once you’re all packed and ready, arrange for your transfer back to the transit point (Nagpur) till our next wild wandering. You can also choose to stay the night at a nominal cost to avoid hectic travel and depart the next morning.
On any of the days, there is an option to undertake a night safari based on the group’s interest at an additional cost. Cost will be subject to number of interested members and does not have to be pre-booked, and can be arranged during the tour itself.
Day 4 (18th March)
After a busy few days of safaris, today morning is for rest and recuperation before we get back to our daily lives. You may also choose to go for an early morning nature trail where we shall acquaint you with some of the wildlife in the property grounds, before you’re all packed and we bid you adieu till our next wild wandering.
[av_tab title=’The Place’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
A chill runs down your spine when the silence of the jungle is suddenly broken by the warning calls of the deer..you know for sure that a tiger is on prowl…welcome to the land of tigers, the Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve [TATR].
TADOBA NATIONAL PARK is situated in the district of chandrapur in the north eastern part of Maharashtra, also referred to as “The Jewel of Vidarbha”. Tadoba lies in the confines of chimur hills which comprises of kolsa and mohurli ranges. It is the oldest national park of the state of Maharashtra and since 1995, a Project Tiger Reserve. Tadoba derives its name from the local god “Taru”. The legend goes that the village chief “Taru” was killed in an epic fight with the tiger. He is worshipped by the local villagers as the diety of tadoba. While “Andhari” refers to the Andhari river that meanders through the forest. The tadoba national park, was created in 1995 with an area of 116.55 sq.km and Andhari Wildlife Sanctuary was created in 1986 with an area of 508.85 sq.km. The reserve also includes 32.51 sq.km of protected forest and 14.93 sq. km of other areas.
The topography comprises of hills which are densely covered with mixed forests and belts of bamboo. The deep valleys, river beds, and small grassy meadows provide suitable habitat to many life forms. Aside from the main species the Bengal tiger, Tadoba Tiger Reserve is home to other mammals like the Indian leopards, sloth bears, gaur, nilgai, dhole, striped hyena, small Indian civet, jungle cats, sambar, barking deer, chital, and chausingha. Tadoba lake sustains the marsh crocodile, which were once common all over Maharashtra.
Reptiles like the endangered Indian python and the commom Indian monitor lizard, terrapins, Indian star tortoise, Indian cobra and russel’s viper are also found here. The lake contains a wide variety of water birds and raptors, 195 species of birds including three endangered species. Raptors like the grey headed fish eagle, the crested serpent eagle and the changeable hawk eagle are seen here. Other birds seen here are the orange- headed thrush, Indian pitta, crested treeswift, crested honey buzzard, stone cerlew, paradise flycatcher, black naped blue flycatcher, golden backed woodpecker, warblers ,peacocks.
Apart from these 75 species of butterflies, and many species of insects and spiders are found here.
Tadoba has it all. So come join us as we embark on this Enigmatic journey of winding trails, dense green canopies, alarm calls and many wonderful sightings.
[av_tab title=’The Package’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
INR 30,500/- per person as per 4 adults
INR 27,750/- per person as per 5 adults
- 3 nights’ stay on double occupancy in air-conditioned rooms at the Pugmark Jungle Lodge inclusive of breakfast, lunch and dinner
- 5 safaris with your accompanying skipper in each vehicle for comfort, apart from the mandatory forest guide and driver (should two couples wish to travel together on safari, the same can be accommodated)
- All park & safari fees (except camera fees where applicable) (please note optional night safari is at an additional cost)
- Skipper mentorship fees
- Complimentary roof prism binoculars for the duration of the expedition.
- Transfers ex-Nagpur by air-conditioned cars
- A 4-5 minute highlight reel of the expedition
- All associated taxes based on the costs above
- Airfare/Rail fare to transit point
- Any additional services or meals requested at the property
- Beverages not included as part of meals as well as bottled water
- Tips/gratuities to hotel or safari personnel
- Any other fees or costs not mentioned in the inclusions
For payment terms & other enquiries, please contact us
[av_tab title=’The Experience’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
- Wilderness Exploration: This expedition is not recommended if the intention of your travel is to purely kick back and relax. While relaxing in the lap of nature will be part of the experience, the majority of our day will spent exploring the wilderness. Sighting wildlife can never be predicted, however the more time you spend exploring the wilderness, the better the chances are you will be witness to amazing natural spectacles.
- The Best of Guidance: Our accompanying skippers include some of the most well-renowned naturalists of India, having accomplished a level of expertise in their domains where they now inspire others to follow in their footsteps. With their in-depth knowledge of the wilderness and its denizens, we are sure as they reveal the hidden treasures of the wild, you will experience nature like never before.
- Personalized Experience: With a maximum group size of six during this expedition, we wish to provide a customized and intimate nature interpretation experience. In addition, we provide complimentary roof prism binoculars on our expedition to enhance your viewing experience when we encounter the wonders of the wild.
- Stay: Our chosen place of stay would be one that allows you to truly experience the wilderness and natural environment with the additional benefits of providing all modern amenities, comforts and a professional service level.
- Memories: We will be documenting the expedition on video, capturing not only those amazing moments of rare and endangered wildlife we see, but also of you watching them, together with all other fun-filled memories. We will be providing a short highlight movie (ranging from 3-5 minutes) within 2 weeks of return from the expedition to reminisce with your family & friends at leisure.
- A Responsible Outlook: It will be our effort to minimize the impact of our time spent in the wilderness on the natural environment by making responsible and sustainable choices wherever possible and try to leave the wilderness as it was, if not in a better condition.
[av_tab title=’Gallery’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
[av_tab title=’Your Skipper’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
[av_tab title=’FAQs’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
What do I need to be pack for?
We advise light winter clothing for this time of year though you can carry a jacket as well, as evenings and early mornings will be cool. We also suggest avoiding bright colored clothing especially if you plan to explore on foot. You may also carry caps/hats, sunglasses, scarf, comfortable walking shoes with socks, insect repellant (recommended to be used sparingly and only if needed), lip balm, and a flashlight/torch. You may also carry a dust mask if you are allergic. Please also carry along a first aid kit and prescription medication.
Do you provide guidance for photography?
While photography is not the primary focus of our expedition, we recognize that rarely anyone travels to the wilderness without a camera in one form or the other. We will do our best to provide you opportunities for photography as well, however please keep in mind the focus remains experiential so if you are travelling to photograph a particular subject, this may not be the trip for you.
How many people will be with me in a safari jeep?
To provide comfortable seating during the safari, you would be in the company of two or three guests and your expedition skipper which ensures a comfortable seating of four in the safari jeep. The jeep driver and mandatory forest guide would be seated in front in separate seats.
Is there a more budget-friendly option?
Yes, trips to the wilderness can be far more budget-friendly than this, you can tell us your holiday idea and your budget so we can customize it and plan it for you as per your requirement. However, the experience we wish to provide on this expedition goes far beyond a regular trip, and it is our belief you will find as much value, if not more in such an expedition.
How are your tours different?
Please find the full details of the same here
This will be my first trip to the wilderness? Is this recommended?
Absolutely! The objective of this expedition is make you experience the magic of the wild, and we will be always be thrilled to share this with someone who will be visiting the wilderness for the first time. Our trips are designed to introduce you to the wild in a comfortable environment, in an unhurried manner, which we truly believe is the way to be one with nature.
How will I reach the destination?
tadoba is best accessed from Nagpur. You may choose to travel by air or by rail. Given the destination of our stay, it will be a comfortable 2.5 hour journey by road (88 km). The first day of our expedition has been planned to ensure you will have time to rest after your journey.
Is it safe to go?
Yes, visiting tiger reserves is quite safe. Many of our country’s popular tiger reserves see lakhs of visitors every year and numbers are growing every year and instances of travellers or tourists facing any threat from wildlife are extremely rare. However, especially when exploring a wilderness on foot, we should take necessary precautions as this is the wild. Our skippers are always on hand to guide you for the same, and we believe there should be no hindrance to you enjoying your time in the wilderness.
Can I get my children along?
While we believe the sooner children are introduced to the wilderness the better, a 4-hour long safari can provide challenging for a young child’s comfort. Therefore as a policy, we believe it is best that children younger than 10 years old not be part of the expedition. We do realize that some children adapt to safaris much quicker, and if a child is comfortable and used to taking safaris, we can look at exceptions but we believe such a policy is in the interest of comfort for all as well as the welfare of wildlife.
Can you arrange for a camera as well along with the binoculars?
We do not currently offer camera equipment rental but would happy to assist you and put you in touch with third-party providers who can seek to provide you with the camera equipment of your choosing.
[av_tab title=’Terms & Conditions’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
– INR 5000 to be paid at the time of booking.
– 100% of the tour cost to be paid 30 days before date of departure.
– The trip will be considered as confirmed only if the above payment procedure is followed.
In the event of any cancellation amount shall be levied as per the following terms:
– 30 days before date of departure: 50% of tour cost
– 15 Days before date of departure: 75% of tour cost
– 0 to 15 days before date of departure: 100% of tour cost
*During peak season some hotel bookings will be non-refundable. Hence, in such a cases the amount paid will not be refunded.
[av_button label=’BOOK NOW’ link=’manually,http://’ link_target=’_blank’ size=’large’ position=’center’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ admin_preview_bg=”]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” admin_preview_bg=”]
For more details, please contact +91 976-9005751